[Opendnssec-user] About Key rollover

yaohongyuan yaohongyuan at 163.com
Tue Nov 17 12:36:00 UTC 2015

Hi Jakob,
             Prior to thanks for your reply , it's very helpfull. Did you mean as below :
            1. I should add a new tag "<Repository>" under the "<RepositoryList>" in conf.xml
                Before change :
                               <Configuration>
                                        <RepositoryList>
                                                  <Repository name="repo1">
                                                </Repository>
                                        </RepositoryList>
                                <Configuration>
                After change :
                              <Configuration>
                                        <RepositoryList>
                                                  <Repository name="repo1">
                                                </Repository>
                                                <Repository name="repo2">
                                                </Repository>
                                        </RepositoryList>
                                <Configuration>
            2. Update the kasp.xml file which part "<Policy>" want to use the new HSM.

                  Before change :
                              <KASP>
                                     <Policy name="default">
                                            <Keys>
                                                    <!-- Parameters for KSK only -->
                                                    <KSK>
                                                            <Algorithm length="2048">8</Algorithm>
                                                            <Lifetime>P1Y</Lifetime>
                                                            <Repository>repo1</Repository>
                                                    </KSK>

                                                    <!-- Parameters for ZSK only -->
                                                    <ZSK>
                                                            <Algorithm length="1024">8</Algorithm>
                                                            <Lifetime>P90D</Lifetime>
                                                            <Repository>repo1</Repository>
                                                    </ZSK>
                                            </Keys>
                                    </Policy>
                            </KASP>

                 After change :
                              <KASP>
                                     <Policy name="default">
                                            <Keys>
                                                    <!-- Parameters for KSK only -->
                                                    <KSK>
                                                            <Algorithm length="2048">8</Algorithm>
                                                            <Lifetime>P1Y</Lifetime>
                                                            <Repository>repo2</Repository>
                                                    </KSK>

                                                    <!-- Parameters for ZSK only -->
                                                    <ZSK>
                                                            <Algorithm length="1024">8</Algorithm>
                                                            <Lifetime>P90D</Lifetime>
                                                            <Repository>repo2</Repository>
                                                    </ZSK>
                                            </Keys>
                                    </Policy>
                            </KASP>

            3. Restart the ods and reload all the conf files like " $ ./ods-ksmutil update all "

            If I miss something please let me know , thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Dean.