[Opendnssec-user] Differences between SoftHSMv1 and SoftHSMv2?

Rickard Bellgrim rickard at opendnssec.org
Sat Mar 14 14:33:38 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 8:01 PM, Dave Fine <finerrecliner at gmail.com> wrote:

> What are the primary differences between version 1 and version 2 of
> SoftHSM? It seems that version 1 is still being maintained as version 2
> continues its development. Does version 2 offer new functionality that
> version 1 does not offer? Additionally, is there a timeline as to when
> version 2 may graduate out of "beta"?

Also new with v2 is that you can use Botan or OpenSSL as the crypto
backend. More algorithms are supported.

If everything goes as planned then a new beta release will be made soon. It
has been in beta some time and I would like the release after that to be a
release candidate to the package maintainers.