[Opendnssec-user] Notify debugging

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon May 19 10:03:25 UTC 2014

On 05/16/2014 09:55 PM, Fred Zwarts, KVI, Groningen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the zonelist.xml I only specify the location of the adapter config
> file, not the location of the unsigned zones.
> (The location for the unsigned zones is specified if no zone transfers
> are used for the input zones.)
> Also, in the adapter config, I do not specify a location of the incoming
> zones.
> In the config.xml a workingdirectory /var/opendnssec/tmp is specified
> for the signer.
> That is all I can find.

If you use the DNS input adapter, indeed the zone will not be stored in
the /unsigned directory, but in the /tmp working directory.

There are some files, for example the zone example.com:

Generic:

example.com.backup2: contains the full backup of signer configuration,
signed and unsigned zone data.

For DNS Input Adapters:

example.com.xfrd: contains the to be read zone transfers.
example.com.xfrd-state: contains the state of the zone transfer (last
serial, last time transferred, which name server to query next, etc).

For DNS Output Adapters:

example.com.ixfr: contains a zone transfer journal for IXFR queries.
example.com.axfr: contains the full zone transfer for AXFR queries and
fallback.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
  Matthijs