[Opendnssec-user] retire period / signature lifetime

Maurice Mahieu maurice at info.nl
Thu May 1 13:09:53 UTC 2014

Dear  opendnssec users,

I am confused about the following behaviour of opendnssec.

I noticed that the signature validity  time gets added to the retire
period for keys. I am wondering why this is ?
I have a TTL of 1 hour for the keys.  My signature validity  time is 28
days.  With a TTL of 1H  for the keys I think that normally it would be
safe for the old ZSK to stay in the retire state for a few hours and
then be marked dead. But now it wil be in the retire state for 28 days.
I think this is strange. Or am I missing something ?

With kind regards

--
Maurice Mahieu
System Engineer  | maurice at info.nl <mailto:maurice at info.nl>

Sint Antoniesbreestraat 16  |  1011 HB Amsterdam  | +31 (0)20 530 91 11
<tel:+31205309111>