[Opendnssec-user] socket and pid-file location

Leo Baltus Leo.Baltus at omroep.nl
Mon Mar 17 14:20:21 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to get opendnssec squeezed in our environment. Our
management system requires that multiple instances can be run from the
same software.

Usually this boils down to starting a service with a single command-line
option pointing at the right configuration file. The configuration then
points to locations where each instance can have its own resources like
pidfiles, data, logfile, etc.

With opendnssec however it seems that at least the location for
the pidfile and command-socket in signerd takes a default from
configure --localstatedir-option but it seems it is not configurable
during runtime through a command-line configuration option or
environment variable. Am I overlooking something?

Also when starting signerd with 'ods-signer start' I can't give
an option to point at conf.xml My workaround is to start ods-
signerd directly like ods-enforcerd. Is this a supported way of
starting signerd?

--
Leo Baltus, internetbeheerder
NPO ICT Internet Services