[Opendnssec-user] Problem with KSK manual rollover

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Mon Mar 10 08:37:34 UTC 2014

Hi Erik,

On 10 mar 2014, at 08:52, "Erik P. Ostlyngen" <erik.ostlyngen at uninett.no>
wrote:

I understand. We'll use a 10 years or longer lifetime then. What
confused me is that OpenDNSSec created a new key and published it in
my zonefile, waiting for me to complete the rollover by issuing a
ds-seen command. This looks very similar to the automatic KSK rollover
(which also stops waiting for me to issue a ds-seen command). This
makes me wonder what difference the ManualRollover tag makes.

Ah, I see now why you might be confused.

ManualRollover is the default behavior of KSK, there is no automatic
because that would break your zone. Adding <ManualRollover> does not change
anything for the KSK.

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer
http://www.opendnssec.org/