[Opendnssec-user] high availability

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 15:08:21 UTC 2014

On 25/06/14 15:56, Emil Natan wrote:
> Hi Sion,
>
> Thank you very much for your response. I actually never thought about
> scenario when the signer is running and the enforcer is down, but your
> point is perfectly valid and the idea can be useful in certain
> circumstances. Thanks.
>
> Emil

No problem.

The most immediate event in most situations is likely to be signature
expiry (or the need to update the zone); so getting a signer running and
using the correct keys should be your first priority.

Getting an enforcer running can wait. Assuming that you are happy with
the keys you are using the only thing you might break is your policy of
how often to roll, and this does not stop validation.

Sion