[Opendnssec-user] PublishSafety and RetireSafety warning

Emil Natan shlyoko at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 16:43:37 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm following the list for some time, but this is my first email and I
presume there will be few more.

I created some policy and when I run ods-kaspcheck I receive the following
warning:

WARNING: Keys/PublishSafety (7200 seconds) is greater than 5 * TTL (300
seconds) for xxx policy in /usr/local/ods/etc/opendnssec/kasp.xml
WARNING: Keys/RetireSafety (86400 seconds) is greater than 5 * TTL (300
seconds) for xxx policy in /usr/local/ods/etc/opendnssec/kasp.xml

I understand what this warning means, but I do not understand why this is
bad/not recommended and why the warning is shown?

Thanks in advance.

ena