[Opendnssec-user] Re: NSEC3PARAM and OPTOUT

Roy Arends roy at nominet.org.uk
Tue Dec 23 14:41:11 UTC 2014

This is by design.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5155#section-4.1.2

Roy

On 23 Dec 2014, at 14:35, Emil Natan <shlyoko at gmail.com<mailto:shlyoko at gmail.com>> wrote:

I see there are at least 3 TLDs which I know are using ODS and where the NSEC3PARAM indicates OPT-OUT disabled, but the NSEC3 records have OPT-OUT flag enabled. When using BIND to sign a zone, both NSEC3PARAM and NSEC3 have the flags set the same way. Is it me missing something or is it that by design?
Thanks.