[Opendnssec-user] PKCS11Exception: CKR_DATA_LEN_RANGE using softhsm2

roko roko98 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 17:01:54 UTC 2014

Hi Rickard
Thank you for your interest.  I been following SOFTHSM-107 and I see a push in here (https://github.com/opendnssec/SoftHSMv2/pull/100), I did merge the changes with softhsm-2.0.0b1 and recompile.  If I ask for the module info from java, I get this:
Mechanism Name: CKM_AES_CBC_PAD
  Minimum Key-Size: 16
  Maximum Key-Size: 32
  Hardware: false
  Encrypt: true
  Decrypt: true
  Digest: false
  Sign: false
  Sign Recover: false
  Verify: false
  Verify Recover: false
  Generate: false
  Generate Key-Pair: false
  Wrap: false
  Unwrap: false
  Derive: false
  EC F(p): false
  EC F(2^m): false
  EC Parameters: false
  EC Named Curve: false
  EC Uncompress: false
  EC Compress: false
  Extension: false

So, I think padding is now supported, but in my application now I have this exception:
Caused by: javax.crypto.ShortBufferException
        at sun.security.pkcs11.P11Cipher.implUpdate(P11Cipher.java:561)
        at sun.security.pkcs11.P11Cipher.engineUpdate(P11Cipher.java:464)
        at sun.security.pkcs11.P11Cipher.engineUpdate(P11Cipher.java:452)
        ... 49 more
Caused by: sun.security.pkcs11.wrapper.PKCS11Exception: CKR_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL
        at sun.security.pkcs11.wrapper.PKCS11.C_EncryptUpdate(Native Method)
        at sun.security.pkcs11.P11Cipher.implUpdate(P11Cipher.java:517)
        ... 51 more

As you say in the ticket, I don't really know about crypto, I'm just trying to make things work.  Please let me know if I can / should do anything else.