[Opendnssec-user] Sub zones in opendnssec and DS keys

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Aug 29 16:09:06 UTC 2014

Hi Bas,

On 08/29/2014 02:24 PM, Bas van den Dikkenberg wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I have 2 domain in my zone list of OpenDNSSEC, Test.domain.nl and domain.nl.
>

> Test.domain.nl has to publish his DS records to domain.nl, does
> OpenDNSSEC do this automatically ?
>

> If not can OpenDNSSEC do this automatically ?

Unfortunately not at this moment.

> If not is there a good workaround for this ?

I don't know if there are users on the list who have experimented with
this, but I guess you can make use of the following element in conf.xml:

    <DelegationSignerSubmitCommand/>

To configure the a program/script receiving the new KSK during a key
rollover. In your script, you could distinguish different executions for
domain.nl and test.domain.nl.

I can imagine that you want to concatenate the DS to the unsigned zone
file domain.nl, issue ods-signer sign domain.nl, wait a bit to let the
change propagate to your name servers and do a ds-seen for test.domain.nl

Hope these hints help.

Best regards,
 Matthijs