[Opendnssec-user] Re: softhsmv2 bugs

Roland van Rijswijk - Deij Roland.vanRijswijk at surfnet.nl
Wed Aug 20 14:51:37 UTC 2014

Hi Paul,

Paul Wouters wrote:
>> I'd like to create an issue for this in our issue tracking system,
>> however, I have some questions:
>>
>> - Did OpenDNSSEC work correctly after you upgrade from SoftHSM v1 to v2
>> right up until the point that you tried to create an additional slot?
>
> yes, although getting the right permissions between softhsm/ods/nsd and
> rpm upgrades is very tricky (and a work in progress)
>
>> - Could you retry upgrading in this case and testing if OpenDNSSEC works
>> correctly with the new SoftHSM v2 token and if it does let us know?
>
> Yes that seems to work,

OK, thanks for testing! I've created SOFTHSM-100 for the slot creation
problem you encountered (https://issues.opendnssec.org/browse/SOFTHSM-100).

Can you tell me a bit more about the context in which the "make check"
issue occurs? We run the tests on a number of platforms continuously and
have not encountered this issue as far as I know (I believe we currently
run the checks on RHEL 6 but not on 7 yet).

Cheers,

Roland

--
-- Roland M. van Rijswijk - Deij