[Opendnssec-user] Zones in different views with the same name

Rick van Rein (OpenFortress) rick at openfortress.nl
Mon Oct 7 06:47:27 UTC 2013

Hi JHP,

> I have created an account, but I don't think I'm allow to add comments
> to the open issue.
> Or I can't find how to do it.

Not sure why; I am far from a JIRA expert :-S but I've added the comment, referring back to your name and your email.

https://issues.opendnssec.org/browse/OPENDNSSEC-232#comment-18862

I've also raised the issue again on the developer's list, with the new approach that I had in mind.  It would seem to work the way I propose, so I'm going to start a discussion in the developer's meeting too.  This sort of question pops up every now and then, but is never really pushed through, and I'd like to see that happening.  This new approach is much less dramatic for OpenDNSSEC than the previous approach; it is also more in line with OpenDNSSEC's attempt to make it difficult for people to hurt themselves -- sharing the same keys in the Enforcer is much lighter on your exchanges with parent zones.

> Ok, I will wait patiently. But I can't use opendnssec at the moment as
> long as this hasn't been resolved one way or another.
> Thanks for supporting my case.

Thanks for taking the effort to raise your issue!

-Rick