[Opendnssec-user] Maximum key generation interval on 64-bit systems

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Tue Jul 16 13:11:06 UTC 2013

Hi there,

Klaus is correct in that key generation takes into account the number of
zones on the policy; so if you have configured all the zones you should
be okay.

In general the time period is bounded by INT_MAX seconds; my limits.h
file (on a 64-bit machine) defines this as 2147483647... This is the
same as a 32-bit machine would have (although this is not guaranteed to
be true for all systems). We'd have to move to unsigned ints or longs to
get more digits.

Sion