[Opendnssec-user] ods-enforcerd died

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Thu Feb 21 09:17:45 UTC 2013

On 21/02/13 09:03, Casper Gielen wrote:
> Op 20-02-13 20:41, Paul Wouters schreef:
>> Feb 19 18:40:21 nohats ods-enforcerd: Using 1 enforcer worker (multiple
>> enforcer workers not supported with this database backend).
>> Feb 19 18:40:21 nohats ods-enforcerd: No DS Submit command supplied
>> Feb 19 18:40:21 nohats ods-enforcerd: SQLite database set to:
>> /var/opendnssec/kasp.db
>> Feb 19 18:40:21 nohats ods-enforcerd: ERROR: error executing SQL -
>> database is locked
> It appears your problem has to do with the sqlite database. Perhaps
> there is some stale process that keeps it open. Perhaps you could try
> the MySQL database and see if the problem disappears. This would verify
> if the problem is caused by sqlite or not.

There may also be an old database lock file in the /var/opendnssec
directory.

The error message "SQL logic error or missing database" can be related
to file permissions... Assuming they have not changed it can also be
thrown when trying to write null to a non-null column, so it may be
caused by the lock issue - but it is not something I've seen before.

Sion