[Opendnssec-user] Monituring Luna

Roland van Rijswijk - Deij Roland.vanRijswijk at surfnet.nl
Wed Feb 20 10:57:10 UTC 2013

Hi Joerg,

Joerg Stephan wrote:
> maybe a bit off topic.
>
> Maybe some of you are using a Safenet Luna, too. Are there any snmp or nagios checks you would recommend? or have in use.

We (SURFnet) use 2 SafeNet Luna HSMs in high-availability mode in our
DNSSEC setup. For monitoring, we do the following:

- Use the "vtl" command-line utility to check both units' availability
- We monitor the amount of memory available on the DNSSEC HSM partition
(if it exceeds 75% we trigger a warning, if it exceeds 90% we trigger an
alert)

We wrote our own scripts to do this and don't use the SNMP features of
the HSM itself. Because of our network security architecture this was
not possible.

Cheers,

Roland

--