[Opendnssec-user] ods-signerd: [xfrd] bad packet

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Feb 11 10:28:49 UTC 2013

Hi Stuart,

The signer is unable to parse the packet because either it failed to
parse the RRs in the packet, or found an incomplete transfer over UDP.
Failing to parse an RR is possible when

* The packet buffer is too small to hold an RR.
* If it is a SOA RR, it encountered an IXFR but required an AXFR (first
zone transfer)
* If it is a SOA RR, the serial does not match the inbound serial on disk.

I could make the "bad rr" message more fine grained.

Best regards,
Matthijs