[Opendnssec-user]NotifyCommand Never Called Issue

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Feb 1 06:37:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013, 刘硕 wrote:

> Have you guys ever met the script in <NotifyCommand> not called by ods-signerd? I have met this problem in many opendnssec versions, and
> still don't know why.

I ran into permission issues when combining opendnssec with nsd.  Both
are pretty restrictive. Added the nsd user to group ods and ods user to
group nsd did not work for me in all cases.

Also, this is not guaranteed to work:

<NotifyCommand>/usr/sbin/rndc reload %zone</NotifyCommand>

I ended up using

<NotifyCommand>sudo /sbin/service nsd restart</NotifyCommand>

which resolved issues for me that rnsdc reload is not good enough when
you add new zones.

But I have not used the XFR adapters.

Paul