[Opendnssec-user] Prerequisites: BIND?

Casper Gielen c.gielen at uvt.nl
Thu Aug 29 14:20:15 UTC 2013

Op 29-08-13 14:04, Harald A. Irmer schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I did not find documened that a named(BIND) must be running on the
> machine on which opendnssec is installed. Is it so? - If it is, it
> should be documented as prerequisite. If it is - would not rsync, which
> I use for zone transport between the database and zone production engine
> and the nameservers, suffice?

It's not required at all, even if you do it does not have to be bind,
any nameserver will do. Using rsync to copy the output to another server
is fine. In the end the output is just a zonefile.
--
Casper Gielen <cgielen at uvt.nl> | LIS UNIX
PGP fingerprint = 16BD 2C9F 8156 C242 F981  63B8 2214 083C F80E 4AF7

Universiteit van Tilburg | Postbus 90153, 5000 LE
Warandelaan 2 | Telefoon 013 466 4100 | G 236 | http://www.uvt.nl