[Opendnssec-user] Looking for a "cheap" HSM

helpcrypto helpcrypto helpcrypto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 08:01:32 UTC 2013

Hi Rickard (and all), sorry for holiday delay.

I know how PKCS#11 works, but im looking how HSM work.

IIUC, user talks to web, web talks to WService, WService talks with token.
Doesnt that break the rule of the "user being the only one having the
PIN/access to key"

The other possibility is:
user attack pk11lib, pk11lib opens a secure tunnel to HSM
So the security is based on a local software key, which can be craked
allowing someone to sniff around.

Am i right?