[Opendnssec-user] Must have DNS notify?

Carlos M. Martinez carlos at lacnic.net
Thu Aug 8 16:13:12 UTC 2013

+1, opendnssec is a signing engine, not a full fledged server IMO, and
this is a separation of duties that I personally like.

You can push your signed zones to the servers either by copying them
(I've used rsync), or as Ondrej suggests, you can run a DNS server
alongside opendnssec and push the signed zones using A/IXFR towards your
'public' servers. The former needs more instrumentation on your part
though, as you probably need to remotely reload your servers as well. If
using bind, you can check 'rndc'.

cheers!

~Carlos