[Opendnssec-user] Divising new policies: parent settings

Tom Hendrikx tom at whyscream.net
Sat Sep 8 11:07:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm having a hard time finding the correct settings when I want to add
new policies to my opendnssec setup. I'm serving a few domains from
mixed TLDs, and insofar, I use a policy for .nl ccTLD, which
incorporates the correct settings in the <Parent> section in kasp.conf
from [1]. I also have a policy for DLV domains, for which I found some
info about parent settings too. I'm however having a hard time finding
details on other TLDs (mainly for Verisign/.net for now, but interested
in the big picture).

Is there some resource available that collects all these kind of
settings which I missed (I'm not part of the inner circle of enthusiasts
that visit IETFs every other day :>).

Or should I stop giving myself a hard time and just use some reasonable
figures, and be done with it? I wonder how other people deal with this
'several upstream' problem.

[1] https://www.sidn.nl/over-nl/dnssec/policy-and-practice/

--
Kind regards,