[opendnssec-user]ods-signer Failed to work

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Thu Oct 18 07:56:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM, 刘硕 <shuoleo at 126.com> wrote:
> Due to high memory consuming, I decided to clear some of the zones' data by
> using
> 'ods-signer clear test2 ', but after an hour, it seemed that it did not work
> at
> all, the memory usage is still 55%.

Even if the Signer releases the memory it is not sure that the Linux
Kernel will release the memory, this is how memory allocation works.
Also because of the fragmentation of the memory the Signer will still
use a lot of memory.

What I saw in your other email was that your system had almost 2G in
swap, this really is devastating to system performance because it will
have to swap in and out a lot of memory. You should try and get more
memory to your machine.

/Jerry

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer