[Opendnssec-user]How to speed up signing performance

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Nov 21 15:34:03 UTC 2012

Sorry for the late follow-up.

FYI.

The cpu patch was incorporated and is already included in the 1.4 beta.

The aggressive retry patch is also applied, with small adjustments:

-        if (status == ODS_STATUS_UNCHANGED) {
-            worker_wait_timeout_locked(&q->q_lock, &q->q_nonfull, 60);
+        if (!tries && status == ODS_STATUS_UNCHANGED) {
+            worker_wait_timeout_locked(&q->q_lock, &q->q_nonfull, 5);
         }

The waiting should only occur when the number of max tries has been
reached (tries has been reset to 0). Also, 60 seconds seems indeed a
long maximum wait, 5 will do too (If the queue is not full, the timeout
should of course be shorter). This change is for now only in trunk, it
will be in the 1.4 rc.

Best regards,
  Matthijs