[Opendnssec-user] syntax error in zonelist.xml -> destruction

Casper Gielen c.gielen at uvt.nl
Tue Nov 20 12:20:59 UTC 2012

Op 20-11-12 11:45, Sara Dickinson schreef:

> Hi Casper - thanks for alerting us to this. The xml syntax is checked and this
> should have been caught so this is a (nasty) bug.  Could you please report it at:
>
> http://bugs.opendnssec.org/
>
> (if you still have the logs/example zonelist.xml please attached to the issue as
> that would be really useful). Also - what version of OpenDNSSEC are you running?

I will, There is hardly anything in the logs but I can reproduce the
problem at will. I run ODS 1.3.7 as shipped by Debian. (I know thats
slightly outdated, an upgrade is imminent).

> For future reference you can run a standalone tool called ods-kaspcheck
> that will check the xml files and produce logs like:
>
> Nov 19 16:44:46 ods ods-kaspcheck: INFO: The XML in /etc/opendnssec/conf.xml is valid
> Nov 19 16:44:46 ods ods-kaspcheck: INFO: The XML in /etc/opendnssec/zonelist.xml is valid
> Nov 19 16:44:46 ods ods-kaspcheck: INFO: The XML in /etc/opendnssec/kasp.xml is valid
>
> if everything is happy. These are the same checks that are (or should be!) run
> by OpenDNSSEC when it loads new xml files while running.

Great, I'll integrate those into our environment.
--
Casper Gielen <cgielen at uvt.nl> | LIS UNIX
PGP fingerprint = 16BD 2C9F 8156 C242 F981  63B8 2214 083C F80E 4AF7

Universiteit van Tilburg | Postbus 90153, 5000 LE
Warandelaan 2 | Telefoon 013 466 4100 | G 236 | http://www.uvt.nl