[Opendnssec-user] ods-signerd 1.4.0a1 running out of memory and crashing on null context

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Wed May 23 05:04:33 UTC 2012

On Tue, 22 May 2012, Matthijs Mekking wrote:

>> On restarting the signer I got :
>>
>> ods-signerd: signer/rrset.c:667: rrset_sign: assertion ctx failed
>
> Do you also got this log message?:
>
> ods-signerd: [worker[1]] error creating libhsm context

Yes I did.

> I am not sure how to deal with a failing libhsm. We could abort the
> drudger, stop the signer, retry until eternity, ...

There are still issues with running ods-hsmutil while opendnssec is
running. ods-hsmutil is used to get the current key ids out to use
for bind signing. But it seems to run into kasp.db locking issues,
and cause subsequent ods-hsmutil calls to hang as well.

It wouls be nice if ods-ksmutil just failed, instead of blocked forever.

Perhaps it is possible to ask the enforced/signerd about the keys, to
avoid multiple apps needing to read the kasp.db, which it apparently
can't do very well?

Paul