[Opendnssec-user] opendnssec-1.4.0a1 does not run DelegationSignerSubmitCommand?

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Mon May 21 14:26:00 UTC 2012

On 21/05/12 14:52, Fred Zwarts (KVI) wrote:
> I have set up a system with a new installation of opendnssec-1.4.0a1,
> which I built from sources on a 64 bit Suse Linux Enterprise System 11
> with Service Pack 2.
> I added one zone. In the system log I see that this zone is processed
> and I find the signed zone file.
> As this is the first time that this zone is processed, new keys are
> generated. One of the KSK keys is in the dssub state.
> According to the system log the ods-enforcerd executes the
> DelegationSignerSubmitCommand every hour, since the creation of the
> key. The name of this command is correct. It is the name of a shell
> script. However, it looks as if this script is never started. One of
> the first things that this script does is the creation of a file in
> the /tmp directory. Even this file is not found.
>
> Running the script from the command line creates this temporary file
> without problem.
>
> On another system I have opendnssec-1.3 running for a few months,
> which had no problems to use the same script.
>
> Is there a known problem with the execution of the
> DelegationSignerSubmitCommand?
> If not, how can I diagnose the failure to startup this script?

Hi there,

the code in trunk has an extra set of tests around the call to the
DSSubmit command, it now tests that the file exists and is executable.
If these tests fail a message is logged at warning level, is it possible
that you are not catching these?

Other than that nothing has changed between 1.3 and trunk.

If you have any log messages feel free to send them off-list.

Cheers,

Sion