[Opendnssec-user] Request: try out OpenDNSSEC 1.4.0a1

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Wed May 9 01:15:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, 8 May 2012, Matthijs Mekking wrote:

> This is a request to the users to play with OpenDNSSEC 1.4.0a1.
>
> Maybe you have, maybe you haven't heard about the OpenDNSSEC 1.4.0
> alpha release. It has been out there for a while, and we received not
> many bug reports. Then again, we received not many reports at all.

I've seen a few crashers, but didnt obtain crash reports for them.
I did send you one ods.tgz dump, did it not point to a problem :)

What I still want to change is to have proper initscripts that replace
ods-control. It is really important that systemd can restart the ods
daemons when they crash, so you don't suddenly have expired RRSIGs.

I'm also unhappy with the current nsd/ods integration, but that's mostly
an issue with nsd and losing its original pid when using nsdc (the cause
of a few expired signatures), as well as the nsd/ods group restrictions.
I hope to give that more attention soon and fix it for the Fedora/RHEL
packages (which btw are 1.4.0a1)

> To us, it is also valuable to hear if no issues were encountered, or
> what your plans are (e.g., if you plan to test the alpha release or
> are waiting for a beta/rc, ...).

I didn't get any abrtd reports, but I think those tend to not make it to
bugzilla unless people run it with an Xwindows session.

Paul