[Opendnssec-user] Just getting started - configure softhsm

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Mar 30 19:12:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012, Jerry Lundström wrote:

> On 29 mar 2012, at 22:14, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:
>
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/opendnssec-1.4.0-0.a1.el6.2
>
> Please note that 1.4.0 is currently in ALPHA 1 and should not be used
> in production environment!
>
> Paul, you should really try and get 1.3 into EPEL first.

My experience is that 1.3.x is more unstable then 1.4.x. Now that might be
fixable with --disable-auditor, as most problems seem related to the
auditor breaking the signing in the background, but then we also get
an additional problem once users start to migrate from 1.3.x to 1.4.x,
and we have to figure out how to migrate the sqlite/mysql databases. And
then a yum downgrade would not be possible without undoing such migration.

That is why I opted for the 1.4.x alpha release.

Paul