[Opendnssec-user] Replacement for auditor in 1.4.0

Einar Bjarni Halldórsson einar at isnic.is
Thu Mar 8 10:25:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

After getting hit by https://issues.opendnssec.org/browse/OPENDNSSEC-216 we upgraded ods to SVN r6202. For us that means no more auditor. We're looking at alternatives, like validns, but we're unsure of how to integrate active monitoring into our setup. The zone file is updated every 20 minutes and then we call ods-signer to sign it. What we need is a way to run our monitor scripts after the zone has been signed but before it's pushed out to the nameservers.

How have you guys implemented active monitoring into your setup? Are there hooks in ods already to do this?

.einar