[Opendnssec-user] Nothing is running, bit still "pidfile /var/run/opendnssec/enforcerd.pid already exists"

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Fri Mar 2 10:41:23 UTC 2012

On Mar 1, 2012, at 12:23 , Dick Visser wrote:

> It appears to be an issue with the 64 packages, I just added a JIRA ticket.

This is a 2 part problem:
1. Debian package supply configuration that uses user/group opendnssec for signer and auditor but its comment out in enforcer, I comment it in and it worked.
2. If the file does not exist we still try to check if the returned data structure of stat() is marked regular file, this might have unknown behavior when the file does not exist.

Preliminary fix for this is in r6196.

https://issues.opendnssec.org/browse/SUPPORT-24
https://issues.opendnssec.org/browse/OPENDNSSEC-225

/Jerry