[Opendnssec-user] Something wrong when signing 100M zone

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Jul 3 08:16:39 UTC 2012

OpenDNSSEC should have no problems signing large zones. From the logs
you posted, I assume you are using 1.3.X. The signer fails to write
the zone due to an assertion failure. Either the adapter is missing or
the zone data is missing. This should be logged too, just before the
'Assertion error' message. You can get more detailed information when
you increase the verbosity (6 is the highest):

$ ods-signer verbosity 6

Does this still occur when you restart the signer?

Best regards,
  Matthijs