[Opendnssec-user] Immediate sign & locking issue (1.4.0a2)

Casper Gielen c.gielen at uvt.nl
Mon Jul 2 11:10:18 UTC 2012

On 02-07-12 11:46, Sander Smeenk wrote:
> Not at all to discredit the hard work you guys put in OpenDNSSEC but
> this enforcer design implementation of OpenDNSSEC also fits the 'we
> only manage one or two zones, not fourteenthousand'-mindset, imho.

For what it's worth, we manage about 300 zones with OpenDNSSEC and I
think it should scale to thousands of zones without problems. Adding new
zones is still a bit cumbersome, although this is mostly related to
integration with our existing environment. (re)processing al the
existing zones is a bit of a problem because of the time it takes, we
were used creating new domains instantaneously. Disabling the auditor
makes a huge difference here.

Updating existing zones is rather painless.

FYI we use mysql and have never experienced a locking problem.

--
Casper Gielen <cgielen at uvt.nl> | LIS UNIX
PGP fingerprint = 16BD 2C9F 8156 C242 F981  63B8 2214 083C F80E 4AF7

Universiteit van Tilburg | Postbus 90153, 5000 LE
Warandelaan 2 | Telefoon 013 466 4100 | G 236 | http://www.uvt.nl