[Opendnssec-user] Signer stuck after migration from 32-bit to 64-bit

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Tue Jan 24 08:49:04 UTC 2012

> The database for SoftHSM is storing the PKCS#11 attributes as a binary
> string. The PKCS#11 CK_ULONG is different on 32-bit and 64-bit. Thus a
> problem to move the database between the two architectures.

Would it be possible to make this more portable? Like picking same length
for all architectures, or at least storing length to the database and prepare
convert tool.

> I would suggest to migrate the keys using the key export/import
> functionality in the softhsm tool.

I tried, but the import is crying about missing label and I was clueless
how to export the labels (or even print them) using the softhsm (or ods-hsmutil)
tool.

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>