[Opendnssec-user]ods-signerd comsumes too much memory and never dump

刘硕 shuoleo at 126.com
Wed Aug 1 12:25:35 UTC 2012

Hi all,

When I use sign --all command and use top command to monitor the process's behavior, I find that the ods-signerd comsumes very large amount of CUP and memeory useage. The server has 4 CPUs and 4G memory. The CUP usage can sometimes as high as 368% and as low as less than 50%, but the memory usage can never be an low level when it has come to an high position, say 87%, is OpenDNSSEC holds all the zone data in memory?
The zone file used is 190M before signed, but the memory consumed is more than 3G, is this normal? What will happen if several zones signed as large as that?
Bellow is extracted from top command:

Mem:   4047056k total,  4022748k used,    24308k free,     1488k buffers

 7991 root      25   0 3866m 3.4g 1636 S 216.9 87.5 108:02.79 ods-signerd

Best regards,
Stuart