[Opendnssec-user] ods-signer stuck in "will [read] zone xyz"

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Fri Apr 6 09:00:03 UTC 2012

Hello,

I've imported keys into OpenDNSSEC that used to be rolled by ZSK.
It took a few attempts, but after manually cleaning the DB from
the zone, keys and key references, the import went through fine.

Now the signer is stuck in "I will [read] zone xyz" without any
problem that I could find with reading it:

 * I checked the <Input><File>...</File></Input> file to exist
 * this file and the path leading to it is readable to anyone
 * ldns-read-zone nicely reads, and then prints the zone
 * the latter exits with code 0 ($? in bash)

Why could the signer be stuck in this phase?

Thanks,
 -Rick