[Opendnssec-user] Solved: checking for Botan >= v1.8.0 ... no

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Tue Apr 3 19:00:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Jeff MacDonald wrote:

> Just getting started. I'm installing softhsm right now and when I typed ./configure I got this
>
> checking for Botan >= v1.8.0 ... no
>
> However when I run
>
> rpm -qa|grep -i botan
>
> I get this
>
> botan-1.8.13-2.el5
> botan-devel-1.8.13-2.el5
>
> This is on CentOS 5.7 32bit.

I just ran into this again and did some diving. Turns out it's a little
obscure error that configure didn't catch before this.

It looks like the configure check for g++ is broken, and it mistakenly
thinks you have it installed. Then when it uses that in the botan check,
things break and it is blamed on botan.

The fix is:

yum install gcc-c++

Paul