[Opendnssec-user] copy error/what can cause this?

Miek Gieben miek.gieben at sidn.nl
Thu Sep 1 12:19:54 UTC 2011

[ Quoting Matthijs Mekking at 14:10 on September  1 in "Re: [Opendnssec-user] copy error/wh"... ]
> > This is opendnssec:
> >
> > Sep  1 13:50:00 signer2 ods-signerd: [file] /bin/cp failed: return value -1
> > Sep  1 13:50:00 signer2 ods-signerd: [tools] unable to copy zone input file nl: General error
> >
> > Okay, now the signing has failed. But I can't discover why this has actually failed.
> > Diskspace shouldn't be an issue.
>
> Wild guess: permissions?

That would surprise me too. It could be that an aborted signing
operation leaves some files in place and that 'cp' gets bitten by
that.

> > Does ods log the copy statement if I up the verbosity level? (didn't try that yet).
>
> Yes, at debug level (verbosity level 5):
>
>         ods_log_debug("system call: %s", str);

Thanks. I'll add this for the time being.

FWIW: I just restarted (and cleaned up a bit) the signing op. and now
it went ok.

grtz Miek