[Opendnssec-user] User input on OpenDNSSEC Auditor deprecation

Gilles Massen gilles.massen at restena.lu
Fri Nov 25 14:48:40 UTC 2011

Hello,

The exitence of an integrated but largely independent zonechecker was
contributing significantly to the choice of OpenDNSSEC - so I would miss
it dearly if it were to be abandoned.

Retrospectively it never 'saved the day' and had a few false positives,
but that is what I expect from a watchdog (and if nothing else it
illustrates the accuracy of the code from the signer).

This said, if the auditor were to be abandoned completely, it would be
most useful to have a hook for an external auditing process, able to
halt the publishing process. This is equally true for IXFR based publishing.

Best,
Gilles

--
Fondation RESTENA - DNS-LU