[Opendnssec-user] drudger message

Jon Knight J.P.Knight at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 14:51:31 UTC 2011

We're running version 1.3.3 of opendnssec at the moment and I've just
notice that we've been getting these messages appear in our
/var/log/messages:

Nov 23 14:38:09 hostnamer ods-signerd: [fifo] max cap reached, but drudgers seem to be on hold, notify drudgers again

I did a Google search to try to find out what this message means but came
up empty handed... can anyone throw any light on it?  Is it something we
need to worry about?  FWIW these are often repeated thousands of times in
short periods.