[Opendnssec-user] SCA6000 and non-Sun hardware

Jakob Schlyter jakob at kirei.se
Thu Jan 27 18:55:54 UTC 2011

On 27 jan 2011, at 12.45, Emil Natan wrote:

> My question is not directly opendnssec related but I hope I can get some help here. I searched the list archive, but found no information on the topic. I bought the Sun Crypto Accelerator 6000 card which I want to use on non-Sun hardware (HP DL380 G7 server) running RedHat 5. In the SCA6000 documentation it is mentioned that Sun platform is required and from Oracle currently refuse to provide access to download the required drivers and management tools. Any of you using this card on non-Sun hardware? Any known issues with such setup? Anyone got into problems requesting support with such setup?

I know of people using the SCA/6000 on Ubuntu Linux with some level of success. It is indeed really sad that Sun^H^H^HOracle has taken such a, IMHO, hostile position against the open-source community. It is even more sad when it comes to HSM:s, as there are few - if any - other high performance devices like the SCA/6000 on the market. If anyone knows some other card that can match the SCA/6000 in price/performance, please let me know and we'll try to make sure it works with OpenDNSSEC.

	jakob

--
Jakob Schlyter
Kirei AB - www.kirei.se