[Opendnssec-user] OpenDNSSEC heartbeat startup script

Simon Mittelberger simon.mittelberger at united-domains.de
Thu Feb 24 09:29:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

Am Donnerstag, den 24.02.2011, 09:35 +1300 schrieb Sebastian Castro:
> Could you provide more information about the timing? Does the signer
> keep doing things after all tasks are completed?

> > I tried with OpenDNSSEC trunk and OpenDNSSEC 1.2.0.
> >
> > Has anyone had this issue before? Has anyone an idea why this happens or
> > can anyone point me to the right direction?
>
> What I've seen on 1.2.0 is the process that reads the control socket
> (engine.sock) crashes for some reason, so there is no listener on the
> line. Any signer client sending commands on the socket will get blocked.

The signer does just his scheduled tasks, or the tasks which it
schedules by himself (e.g. zone resign on resign interval). I have
currently one zone in there, which gets successfully resigned every 30
seconds.

But the enforcer is not able to schedule new tasks for the signer,
because "ods-signer update zonename" blocks.

It looks like the problem you described above. The question is why this
happens only if opendnssec gets started by heartbeat, because when
starting via "ods-control start" all works fine.

Has anybody an idea how we could investigate this further?

All the best,
Simon