[Opendnssec-user] OpenDNSSEC running out of key ids

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Wed Feb 16 10:57:29 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 09 Feb 2011 1:06:59 pm Rickard Bellgrim wrote:
> On 9 feb 2011, at 11.52, Simon Mittelberger wrote:
> > is there an upper limit for 32767 keys in the system? (as 32767 looks
> > like the max value of an int)
>
> It is the smallint in the database schema. We will change this.

This has now been fixed, thank you for spotting it.

NOTE: This is an issue for MySQL backends only.

Databases created after svn r4465 (or r4470 in the 1.2 branch) will have a
full int for the keypairs(id) column and so can store 2147483647 keys.

For existing databases there is a script in
"enforcer/utils/migrate_id_mysql.pl" that increases the size of the column.

If you intend to run this script please make sure that you can recover your
database.

Sion