[Opendnssec-user] Opendnssec signer Y2K bug?

Rickard Bellgrim rickard at opendnssec.org
Fri Dec 23 10:33:33 UTC 2011

> The public zone that was having these similar issues, was .be (since this
> seems to be a software bug and no operator fuckup, I don't see why I
> shouldn't be naming them).
>
> When checking today, I cannot reproduce the drill bug on any machine.
> however, on another 32 bit machine, the weird data was in the local
> (unbound) resolver cache.

This indicates that drill (ldns) cannot properly convert the wire
format into a readable string for some various dates/times.  Now that
the time stamps has moved up to the 2 January, drill also shows the
correct time. It sound like there is some problem with times around
the new year for ldns.

OpenDNSSEC uses ldns to write the information to the signed zone file.
This is why you got the weird time stamp in your zone file.