[Opendnssec-user] Check for running instance of ods-enforcerd

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Wed Dec 21 09:56:35 UTC 2011

On 21/12/11 09:50, Rickard Bellgrim wrote:
> Hi Casper
>
>> Obviously this is not something I do intentionally. I suspect it's either caused
>> by running 'ods-enforcerd -d -1' while daemon is running or by restarting the
>> daemon at the 'wrong' time, eg during a run.
>>
>> Fortunately this problem is easy to detect and to recover from.
> Sion has committed a fix for this in r5977 (1.3 branch) and r5978 (trunk).

The patch checks for the pidfile at startup, and if it exists the
program exits.

A couple of things to note.

If you want to run multiple instances of the enforcer for any reason you
will now need to specify a different pidfile with the -P option.

If an enforcer process doesn't shutdown cleanly, leaving its pidfile
behind, this will need to be removed before the enforcer will restart.

Sion