[Opendnssec-user] ods-signerd not signing zone on schedule

Rob Gallagher robert.gallagher at heanet.ie
Wed Dec 7 16:06:56 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Running OpenDNSSEC 1.3.3 on Ubuntu 10.04.

I'd noticed that ods-signerd had not updated one of our zones in
several days, even though some of the signatures were approaching
expiration and others had indeed expired.

As a test, I added a record to the zone in question and decided to wait
until the next scheduled run of the signer, rather than signing the zone
immediately with ods-signer.

Strangely, ods-signerd did not recognise that the zone had changed
when the scheduled signing time arrived, however I was able to update
and re-sign the zone manually with ods-signer from the command line.

Debug output from "ods-signerd -vvvvvv" is attached, both from the
failed (ods-signer-scheduled.txt) and successful (ods-signer-manual.txt)
signing attempts.

Any thoughts? Are there differences between invoking ods-signer from
the command line and the scheduled run of ods-signerd? (eg: tty
attached)

rg

--
Rob Gallagher | Public Key: 0x1DD13A78

HEAnet Limited, Ireland's Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1.
Registered in Ireland, no 275301
T: (+353-1) 6609040  F: (+353-1) 6603666 WWW: http://www.heanet.ie/