[Opendnssec-user] enforcerd dying silently

Pierre Lebrech pierre.lebrech at laposte.net
Wed Sep 8 13:09:01 UTC 2010

Hello,

This mail just to say that I have the same problem. I had this problem
with version 1.1.1 and the upgrade to 1.1.2 didn't help.

Well, with version 1.1.2 the command 'ods-control stop'
hangs if the enforcer has died. With version 1.1.1, I think that this
command didn't hang in such a case.

So, I had to remove manually the PID file, kill everything and then run
'ods-control start' to get back a clean start.

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 10:51:14AM +0200, Gilles Massen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It looks like my luck with OpenDNSSEC is running out: some days ago I
> noticed that enforcerd was dying silently. Taking it as an opportunity
> I've upgraded to 1.1.2 (from 1.1.1).
>
> However, this didn't help. Currently I have:
>
> - ods-control start starts all processes, enforcerd is running. It seems
> to perform it's first run correctly.
> - from the log, it looks like it comes back from sleep, goes through
> policies, and dies. The last logged line is:
>
> Sep  8 10:29:20 opendnssec ods-enforcerd: Policy for dnssec.lu set to
> restena.
>
> As the pid stays behind, ods-control stop fails (actually hangs) with
> sbin/ods-control: line 76: kill: (30939) - No such process
>
> (I'm pretty sure that 1.1.1 wasn't that picky)
>
> Any advice how to get more information on what is wrong with enforcerd?
>
> Regards,
> Gilles
>
> --
> Fondation RESTENA