[Opendnssec-user] zone-fetcher not renaming zones after AXFR

James Dempsey jamespd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 21:32:19 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the zone fetcher while running the OpenDNSSEC
trunk (r4129) on Debian Squeeze.  Zones appear to be fetched and the
resulting /var/opendnssec/unsigned/<zone-name>.axfr file looks complete, but
OpenDNSSEC doesn't rename the file to /var/opendnssec/unsigned/<zone-name>
and sign it.  Has anyone else seen this, or can anyone point me to the line
of code that renames the .axfr files?

I see the zone fetch success in syslog:

ods-signerd: zone fetcher received NOTIFY for zone <zone-name>
ods-signerd: zone fetcher transferred zone <zone-name> serial 2010102164
successfully

On the console, I get the following messages:

/bin/cp: cannot stat `/var/opendnssec/unsigned/<zone-name>': No such file or
directory
Zone <zone-name> scheduled for immediate re-sign.

Cheers,
James