[Opendnssec-user] Re: Summary of the RPM subject

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Wed May 26 17:59:34 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Rachid Zarouali <rzarouali at gmail.com> wrote:

> According to Ville, seperated packages seems to be the best way.
>
> regarding how making opendnssec work with his required version of sqlite
> without modifying deeply the base system,
> I would suggest exchanging with Centos and EPEL community to find how we can
> resolve this issue
> (and all other related to this kind of requirements).
>
> regarging gitorious, the best way is to create an account on gitorious.org,
> watch the rpmodssec project and i'll add you the devteam.
>
> another question is what should be the base of our work ?
> mine ? ville's work?
>
> IMHO this doesn't really matter, once we have some fuel to deal with, i'm
> pretty sure this project will progress quickly :-)
>
> btw thank you very much Tim for your proposition, i'm sure we will achieve
> great things all together.
>
> as i said in a previous email, i was working on building a koji instance to
> have a continuous building system.
> Tim do you think , the Centos community would share some of his building
> infrastructure with us ?

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay. It's been busy at work. Anyway, for the sqlite
package. The best method to use is (and the one used at the CentOS
project) is to create a separate package somewhat like the compat
packages used to keep older libraries available. But in this case we
will use it for a newer library.

Then we need to get OpenDNSSEC and SoftHSM to compile using this
library. I don't like to use things like LD_LIBRARY_PATH or any other
tricks. We should be able to just point it to the right sqlite
package/location. If necesarry we need to make changes to the
configure/make scripts.

For the build infrastructure. We can use the CentOS build machines,
meaning that I can submit packages to the CentOS devel repo and they
get build automatically and become available on the internet. This is
a also a good test to make sure the packages build cleanly inside a
chroot.

So, what SPEC files and/or src.rpms are already out there ? If OK I
can merge them all together and we can all start working from there ?
I think I already mentioned that my primary focus would be for 1.1.
Once that is ready we can look at 1.0 packages.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)