[Opendnssec-user] ods-control segfault

Rickard Bellgrim rickard.bellgrim at iis.se
Thu May 20 12:33:53 UTC 2010

On 20 maj 2010, at 14.21, Miek Gieben wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We're playing with opendnssec and encountered a segfault
> when we are trying to list keys from our (hardware) HSM which
> use a short (and non-hexadecimal) ID:
>
> [root at signer1 sbin]# ./ods-control  hsm list
> Listing keys in all repositories.
> 2 keys found.
>
> Repository            ID                                Type
> luna                  3ec6af3038c573e8ae09030d4093c84b21156f6f  RSA/1024
> ./ods-control: line 36: 14047 Segmentation fault      $bindir/ods-hsmutil $@
>
> The key that is causing the failure here has an ID of 4 bytes. This
> key was *not* created with opendnssec.

Hi

The ods-control just relay the command to in your case: ods-hsmutil list. So you try to list the keys in your HSMs.

The segfault is probably caused by a wrong assumption by OpenDNSSEC regarding the format of the keys. Do you have more information on how that key was created? Are you missing the public key object?